Veterinarian will work independently to diagnose, treat, medicate and/or vaccinate all K-9 working dogs to ensure they are healthy, free of disease and able to perform at their peak operational capacity. Veterinarian is responsible in ensuring K-9 areas are hygienic and safe for animals and in maintaining accurate and timely K-9 health records.
- Manage K-9 health and welfare for contract working dogs
- Responsible for K-9 emergency care, preventative care and the treatment of any illness or injury incurred while on contract
- Responsible for diagnosing and treating disease dysfunctions and injuries of canines
- Examine the animal to determine the nature of disease or injury and treat the animal surgically or medically
- Test canines for diseases and inoculate against diseases and disorders and will advise handlers about sanitary measures, feeding and general care to promote health of the animals
- Responsible for distribution of preventative K-9 medications, ordering veterinarian and K-9 supplies, maintaining current and accurate K-9 health records in PMIS database, inspecting Kennels and other K-9 spaces and conducting necessary K-9 safety training for K-9 handlers
- Other duties as assigned
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M or V.M.D.) Degree from a 4-year program at an accredited college of Veterinary Medicine
- Must be licensed
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo; includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques and disposal methods
- Must be able to pass medical physical for deployment
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Travel to austere environments may also be required. Additional specific details related to working conditions may be outlined in your Statement of Work or Employee Agreement.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 75 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Additional specific details related to physical requirements may be outlined in the Company’s Performance Work Statement or Contract with the client.