In accordance with DHS protocols, the armed guard force is concerned with all matters relating to the security of the command, which include providing security and safety for personnel, property, facilities, and assets, entry control point services to ensure unauthorized personnel, property, equipment, vessels or vehicles are deterred and denied facility ingress and egress as well as safeguarding the facility against sabotage or any other incident that might jeopardize the normal operation of the command, such as theft, robbery, riot, lawlessness, demonstrations, etc. This will be a Part Time position with additional hours “on-call” subject to short notice changes in assigned schedule and locations.
Hourly Rate $25.89, $18.00 while in training.
Health and Welfare $4.69 with Cash in Lieu option
- Provide security protection and access control.
- Provide security protection for all government property, classified material and personnel within assigned areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft, or intentional destruction.
- Report/respond to unusual or emergency situations.
- Be alert for potential security, property or safety concerns and initiate the appropriate actions.
- Control ingress/egress into and/or out of posted/controlled/security areas.
- Prevent/report all violations of security and safety rules and regulations.
- Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all security and guard orders, written and oral, pertaining to the assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident who is currently a member of, or who possesses a verifiable honorable discharge from, any component the United States Armed Forces.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must have a Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration, which bears the individuals name and social security number.
- A minimum of two (2) years of security (armed), or one (1) year of law enforcement experience in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a municipality, state, or federal enforcement department within the US, and have resigned or retired in good standing; or a minimum of two (2) years of honorable service as a member of any US Armed Forces (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard) Component.
- Firearms training and firearms qualifications, and company certifications meet state/federal certifications.
- Shall fluently speak, read, comprehend, and compose coherent written reports in English.
- Familiarity with securing facilities and/or vehicles at a fixed location.
- Physically capable of standing a 12-hour post.
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam.
- Ability to pass MRPT suitability requirements.
- Demonstrable Proficiency with a Handgun.
Work is typically in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions with long periods of sitting, standing or walking. Extended hours to include nights, weekends and holidays may be required. May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather. Subject to high noise levels to include gun fire, hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat, extreme cold or exposure to chemicals. This will be a “on-call” position subject to short notice changes in assigned schedule and locations.
Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must have visual and audio acuity to heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels. May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk-up inclines and on uneven terrain. Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract. Must be physically capable of standing a 12-hour post. Travel may be required.