The EDD Manager will be responsible for managing the training and certification of 30 Explosive Detector Dog (EDD) teams at 25 U.S. Government installations and facilities across Germany. The EDD Manager ensures that EDD Teams perform planned and Random Anti-Terrorism Measures (RAM) searches at installation Access Control Points (ACPs). The EDD Manager will coordinate with the Military Working Dog Detachment Sergeant (Kennel Master) to provide EDD care and maintenance of the kennel facilities in accordance with the requirements of Army Regulation 190-12, Army Pamphlet 190-12, Army in Europe 190-12, and ATP 3-39.34 to develop, evaluate, monitor, and evaluate the Centerra EDD training and certification program.
Multiple locations throughout Germany
- Must be subject matter expert for EDD services under this project, and support the Project Manager in the administration, training, and reporting of all EDD teams
- Responsible for ensuring all German Compliance with providing commercial trained dogs and maintain the required Animal and Explosives Permits
- Coordinate EDD needs and care with U.S. Army, Military Working Dog Detachment Sergeant (Kennel Master).
- Other duties as assigned
- Six (6) years prior experience as a senior military or civilian working dog handler or four (4) years of experience as a kennel master or two (2) years of experience as a working dog program manager
A graduate of the MWD Trainer/KM Course conducted by the 341st TRS, JBSA-Lackland AFB, TX is preferred.
- German Industrie-und Handelskammer (IHK) certificate
- German Waffenamt training certificate
- Must provide a “Doctor’s Statement”, signed & dated by their Physician (in both English & German), that states the EDD Manager can take the Physical Ability Test (PAT), is free of any communicable disease; is in good general health without physical or mental defects or abnormalities that would interfere with the performance of contractual duties; possesses binocular vision (i.e. see in both eyes) correctable to 20/30; is free of color blindness; is capable of hearing ordinary conversation at 15 feet (4.5m) with either ear, without the benefit of a hearing aid. The “Doctor’s Statement” must also state whether the employee will be medically capable of performing duties wearing a protective vest. The EDD Manager must maintain these Doctor’s statements on file for the duration of employment.
- Must be proficient in English and German
- Must possess a valid driver license
- Must obtain an International Driver’s License (IDL) within 90 days of hire
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
The position may require extensive sitting, watching monitors, walking around the facility outside in rain, wind or other poor weather conditions and kneeling and stooping to look under or inside vehicles or containers.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.