The Driver will transport personnel and visitors in Company vehicles.
- Operate passenger vehicles safely and efficiently with constant awareness of road conditions, particularly in poor weather and heavy traffic
- Avoid passenger-jarring maneuvers, such as sudden stops and turns, and potential accident-causing situations
- Follow specific regularly scheduled routes, charter routes or responds to requests from dispatch or management for unscheduled pickups or drop-offs
- Assist passengers in boarding and exiting vehicles
- Load and unload luggage, packages and other items
- Monitor traffic and weather conditions and notifies dispatch of potential problems
- Report accidents or other safety situations to dispatch
- Inspect exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior courtesy lamps, air conditioning or heating, warning lamps, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, and vehicle damage prior to moving vehicle
- Ensure inside and outside of vehicle are properly cleaned and fueled on an ongoing basis
- Keep interior of vehicle neat and orderly
- Monitor vehicle condition and records malfunctioning items or damage to the service writer
- Learn and provide guests and passengers with appropriate information regarding lodging, entertainment and attractions within service area
- Learn and remember locations of various destination points serviced by the fleet including lodging, entertainment and attraction sites
- Treat all guests, customers, and other persons in a courteous, friendly and professional manner
- Communicate by two-way radio and telephone
- Assist with the pick-up and delivery of packages as needed
- Assist with cleaning and staging of vehicles as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record for the last three years
- Must maintain a good driving record
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- CDL preferred
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
Must be able to lift, lower, carry, push or move objects up to 25 lbs. Various tasks may require intermittent standing or prolonged sitting, and the ability to walk, reach, kneel, crouch and handle work related supplies and tools.