The Guard enforces regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security, exercises judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies, determining whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keep situation under control or surveillance, or to report incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting controlled areas.
Rate of Pay: $30/hr
Health and Welfare: $4.41/hr
Paid training for 1 day at full hourly rate
$2,500 Signing bonus!
- 1 year of full-time experience as a Security officer within the United States or 1 year of full-time law enforcement experience while employed by a United States federal, state, city or municipality law enforcement entity, or the United States Military, or; 3 years of non-administrative United States military active duty.
- Possess Active BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit
- Possess Active BSIS Guard Card
- BSIS Baton Permit
- US citizen and resided in the U.S. for the last five years
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a H.S. Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language and ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms.
- Must be able to pass all training and obtain all required certifications.
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
- Where required must be able to pass a background investigation to include but not limited to criminal, credit and driving record checks.
- Must be able to pass US Government background investigation for required security clearance if necessary.
- Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968,
- Obtain Federal Suitability Clearance applies.
Centerra Services Inc., a Constellis company, offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to routinely pass rigorous fitness for duty standards at regular intervals and upon demand.