Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property located in Key West, Florida.
- Protect personnel and property in a professional manner
- Meet and deal tactfully and politely with general public and visitors
- Effectively and efficiently screen and process visitors
- Identify, report, delay or detain persons who violate rules and regulations
- Conduct internal and external roving foot patrols
- Traffic control
- Ability to maintain excellent detection rate on x ray machine
- Detect and respond to alarms and emergencies
- Secure entrances and exits during emergencies
- Control keys and lock combinations
- Communicate and remain accessible via two way radio or company issued cellular phone
- Understand and comply with all requirements defined within company documents to include: Post and General Orders, plans, policies, procedures.
- Observe and report all offenses/incidents
- Complete all reports and paperwork as required
- Provide first aid, CPR, and assist during emergencies as necessary.
- Must be able to wear protective body armor as a part of the duty uniform.
- Maintain mandated training requirements in accordance with company guidance.
- Maintain physical fitness, agility requirements, and weapons qualifications.
- Ensure safety requirements compliance and safe work practices.
- Support safety programs Participate in Quality and Process Improvement programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, in-person attendance is required.
- Have verifiable documentation of a least one experience level and at least one educational level or any reasonable combination listed below:
- A minimum of two (2) years of security (armed) or law enforcement experience; or
- A Minimum of two (2) years of honorable service as a member of any U.S. Armed Forces Component.
- a High School Diploma from an accredited learning institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or as identified on a DD 214; or
- Received a General Equivalency Diploma from an accredited learning institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or as identified on a DD 214; or
- A minimum of 60 credit hours, in a related field, from an accredited learning institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or
- Successful completion of a federal/state certified law enforcement education and training or police officer’s standard training course that may result in a law enforcement appointment of commission
- Must possess an active Florida D & G Security License
- Be a United States citizen
- Been issued a Social Security Card by the Social Security Administration, which bears the individuals name and social security number
- Shall fluently speak, read, comprehend, and compose coherent written reports in English. Must be able to pass an English Language Assessment Test.
- Be a minimum of 21 Years of age.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.