Escort un-cleared personnel into controlled areas, ensuring escorted persons comply with security and safety rules and regulations. Control escorted persons during ingress, egress and movement within the facility. Comply with safety, security and training requirements necessary for the position.
- Maintain positive control over persons being escorted.
- Report and safety issues or injuries occurring while on the site to supervisor or construction manager.
- Instruct escorted persons on any and all requirements for movements and activities while being escorted.
- Complete all training and qualification requirements needed for the position.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Must have United States Citizenship (if naturalized, then must provide original certificate for inspection and copying).
- Must live within a 100 mile radius of Erwin, TN
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License and be able to obtain a Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Must speak and write in a grammatically correct, professional, effective manner.
- Must be able to apply independent judgment and make decisions in emergency and crisis situations.
- Knowledge of Emergency response plans.
- Knowledge of Nuclear Regulatory Commission orders and standards.
- Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather.
- Subject to high noise levels.
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract.
- Travel may be required.