The Guard enforces regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security, exercises judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies, determining whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keep situation under control or surveillance, or to report incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting controlled areas.
- Escort of detainees in custody while present at medical treatment facilities, courtrooms, detention facilities, and any other guard services
- Serves detainees prepared meals as required or directed
- Conduct searches of holding cells and/or detainees as required or directed
- providing security/escort at local medical facilities, for the duration of the detainee’s hospital care, restricting unauthorized public access to detainees.
- Provides security as directed by TOMs to various locations throughout the facility
- Performs searches of vehicles and persons as directed by the contract or contracting officer’s representatives.
- Enforce regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security, exercise judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies.
- Maintain the security of all areas by taking actions as required.
- Take charge of your post by securing and protecting personnel and property for which you are responsible until properly relieved.
- Comply with orders and instructions given. These responsibilities continue until relieved by proper authority.
- Report all violations of orders you must enforce.
- Give the alarm in case of disorder or emergency.
- Report unusual events that threaten security or endangers life or property.
- Take reasonable counteraction to save life and property or lessen danger. At the same time, you must maintain the security of your post and remain alert during the emergency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as a law enforcement officer, corrections officer, or military police officer, a period of active-duty military experience (with holding an honorable discharge), or six months of experience as a security officer engaged in functions relating to detaining civil or administrative detainees
- Possess Active Texas Level 3 Guard Card
- US citizen and resided in the U.S. for the last five years
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a H.S. Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language and ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms.
- Must be able to pass all training and obtain all required certifications.
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
- Where required must be able to pass a background investigation to include but not limited to criminal, credit and driving record checks.
- Must be able to pass US Government background investigation for required security clearance if necessary.
- Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968,
- Obtain Federal Suitability Clearance applies.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to routinely pass rigorous fitness for duty standards at regular intervals and upon demand.