Centerra is looking for Firefighter in Marietta, GA
Under general supervision perform the duties of firefighter consistent with the policies and practices established by the Department of Defense, the United States Air Force, and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), NAS 3306 and Prime Contractor for the performance under the FEMS III Contract.
The firefighter works under the General Guidance and Direction of the Assistant Chief Operations with following duties.
- Assigned to the Department’s Operations Division; Firefighters are assigned to an Engine Company, Rescue Squad and/or Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) vehicle
- Responds to but not limited to the following: fire incidents, emergency medical incidents, fire alarms, hazardous materials, rescue operations including various types of rescue incidents such as high angle, confined space, trench, vehicle extrication, and building collapse
- Follow Centerra Group and FEMS III SOPs/SOGs
- Inspect vehicles, equipment, and consumables for which they are assigned each duty shift.
- Meet all requirements for the position of Firefighter, participate in all assigned training and associated duties as a member of the Department’s Operations Division including any/all fire ground assignments
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Firefighter I & II
- ARFF Firefighter
- Hazmat Awareness and Operations
- Obtain and maintain DOD Secret security clearance
- Possess a valid Georgia State driver’s license
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Successfully complete annual medical physical
- Pass initial and random drug testing
- Annually pass Combat Task Test (CTT)
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
The duties of this position require the incumbent to work under adverse environmental conditions. Hazards encountered by firefighters include the potential for burns, dehydration and other effects of heat, smoke inhalation, heavy protective clothing, falling materials, or explosions; exposure to toxic materials; physical injury and sensory damage from firefighting activities and noise levels; dealing with victims of fire in varying states of fright, panic, and injury; and operating or riding on fire trucks at high speeds under adverse conditions.
No Travel Required
Rigorous, heavy physical effort is required in the frequent handling of objects such as cylinders and extinguishers weighing 45 lbs. or more; may be required to lift/carry personnel such as an adult male in emergency situations. Duties require full use of both arms, both legs and fingers to bend, turn, pull, crawl, kneel, and climb for such tasks as use of aerial ladders, firefighting equipment controls, arranging/connecting hoses, rappelling, operation of fire truck and all types of rescue operations, etc.