In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
- Cleaning, repairing and maintaining all parts of the boat or vessel
- Reading through repair and installation orders to determine the material, time, and equipment required
- Scraping away old paint, barnacles and debris from vessels
- Removing and replacing rotted or rusted sections of the vessel
- Constructing replacement parts using drawings, saws and various hand and power tools
- Testing engines, propellers, steering and navigational equipment
- Mixing and applying paint, wax and gel coats
- Liaising and consulting with the supervisor and other relevant professionals and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical training in marine repair with 3 years of work-related experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
- Practical experience with tools and equipment used in marine maintenance
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
As required by the County Code Title 2 – Administration, Division 4 – Miscellaneous – Chapter 2.212 (COVID-19 Vaccinations of County Contractor Personnel) adopted by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, applicants will need to show proof of full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or that they are exempt from vaccine requirements based on sincerely held religious beliefs or a qualifying medical condition. If selected for employment, employees who are not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward-thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office/service center environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are in two shifts, Monday-Friday 6:00 am to 2:30 pm or Monday-Friday 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.