Welds, brazes, and cuts metal components to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using gas and electric welding equipment.
- Weld metal parts together, using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes following instructions, blueprints, and work orders for the job
- Prepare a variety of materials for welding
- Use MIG, Stick, or TIG welding materials and processes
- Plan details of working procedure and tools and material requirements
- Identify any imperfections of assigned parts and performs corrective action
- Fabricate equipment by cutting, thermal cutting, grinding, burning, and welding various metals
- Use burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape
- Use measuring devices for checking various dimensions to verify the assemblies being produced both in standard and metric dimensions
- Repair equipment, broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools
- Position, clamp together, assemble, and tack weld parts and components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding
- Build up worn or defective surfaces
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Ensure all quality expectations are meet or exceeded
- Perform various clean-up and housekeeping activities
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record for the last three years
- Must be willing to operate Company vehicle
- Three years of experience in a production capacity or equivalent required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and have knowledge of welding and metallurgy.
- Must have basic knowledge of assembly tolerances.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Work is based in a busy training environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company safety standards. Normal business hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, however some extended hours or weekends may be required, and work schedule will vary.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 80 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.