Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Unarmed Security Officer – Full-time and Part-time positions available
- Provide for the safety and security of staff and visitors;
- Enforce all policies and all applicable laws and regulation
- Promptly notify Shift Supervisor or Security Command Center (SCC) in event of an incident or violation of policies or laws;
- Detect and detain any persons attempting to gain unauthorized access to the property;
- Prevent damage to or theft of works of art;
- Provide general information and direction to staff and visitors upon request; and
- Provide emergency medical assistanc
- Comply with General Orders and Security Post Orders documents;
- Be fully familiar with building layout, floor plans, manual fire alarm locations, fire extinguisher locations, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) locations, emergency routes, and evacuation assembly points;
- Report to assigned post at the designated time;
- Remain on post until properly relived and pass all information relevant to the post to the relieving Security Officer;
- Keep Shift Supervisor advised of all changes and conditions around post; and
- Obey all proper orders from Shift Superviso
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Have verifiable documentation of a least two (2) years of successful experience in the security industry (civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement, or commercial or industrial guard service).
- Currently hold or be able to obtain a DCJS (Unarmed) license
- Ability to pass a contract required background check, medical and drug screen.
- Strong command of the English language
- Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
- Shift work required.
- Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours without eating, drinking, or relieving bladder/bowels.
- Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors, during daytime or nighttime.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places.