The Alarm Monitor position provides physical security, by monitoring a detection, intrusion monitoring system. Close Circuit TV (CCTV) monitoring; dispatch; visitor processing; and administrative services.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all duties of an Alarm Monitor.
- Maintain daily duty log.
- Conduct and record various checks and verifications.
- Report suspicious activities and persons.
- Operate Intrusion Detection system, fire alarm system, radio transmitter and receiver, and telephones: Receives incoming fire calls by telephone or through alarm system.
- Questions caller observes alarm register.
- Determines type and number of units to respond to alarms and/or emergencies.
- Relays messages from emergency scene, such as requests for additional help and medical assistance.
- Records date, time, type of call and destination of messages received or transmitted.
- Maintains activity, code, and locator files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You must possess an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartment information with full scope polygraph before applying.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Impeccable customer service skills.
- Possess good writing skills and ability to make decisions quickly and accurately;
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and able to multitask with little assistance.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and able to interpret documents to ensure all rules and procedures are applied.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to maintain telephone rapport with customers at all levels;
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner;
- Ability to apply reasoning skills and document them oral, written, and/or diagram form;
- Ability to solve problems until completion;
- Ability to work in a MS Windows based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Current Top-Secret clearance with Compartmental Access and Full-Scope polygraph.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Inside and outside of facilities, moderate to extreme temperatures. May require travel between facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear, stand, walk, use hands to handle, drive a motor vehicle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.