The Heavy Equipment Mechanic – Track will perform organizational, intermediate level maintenance/modifications on military equipment such as: M1A2 tanks, M2A2/M3A3 Bradley fighting vehicles, M109 A6/7 Howitzers, M88A2, ABV assault vehicles; sub-systems, support equipment such as mine plows, rollers, and other related items. Will also be working on the Light tracks M113 Family of vehicles.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance on a variety of gasoline-powered and diesel equipment and vehicles, such as fire apparatus and vehicles, loaders, cranes, crawlers, dub grinders, bucket trucks, pavers, rollers, sweepers, and others
- Replace bearings, axles seats, brake master cylinders, resurfacing brake drums/rotors, etc.
- Dissemble components, inspects part for wear
- Repair, overhaul, replace, and rebuild water and fuel pumps, air conditioning components, compressors, radiators, etc.
- Rewire electrical systems
- Replace, realign, and adjust brakes and suspension components
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions to all systems
- Overhaul gasoline and diesel engines
- Tune and perform repairs to diesel engines
- Repair and maintain hydraulic systems; routes and replaces lies, and checks system for leaks
- Perform routine vehicle equipment preventative maintenance inspections; checking and replacing fluids, checks lights and other electrical system components, and replaces exhaust system components
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- MOS 91H or equivalent, preferred
- 3 years’ experience as a mechanic is required
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret U.S. Army Technical Manuals with relation to vehicle maintenance and repair
- Will be required to obtain a military driver’s license (OF 346)
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Work is typically based in a busy service center/maintenance garage environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are 40 hours a week, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 75 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.