o Monitor FPS and radio traffic while coordinating the appropriate responses to emergency and non-emergency situations performing duties such as:
- Communicating audio messages via radio and telephone
- Coordinating law enforcement and public safety personnel activities
- Transferring public safety information
- Answering questions and updating client records
o Think and act quickly, calmly, and accurately in emergency situations and under stressful circumstances.
o Log all calls in database including required details of each call
o Keep additional detailed logs to maintain accurate records of alarm use, ensure officer safety, and allow for precise and efficient communications among coworkers
o Operate multi-channel radio and telephone dispatch equipment
o Access Federal, State, and local databases and maintain compliance regulations and procedures
o Assist with quality review of events created by fellow dispatchers
o Monitor alarms received and keep records based on unique accounts
o Proficiently perform administrative tasks on desktop computer and notify management of any technological issues
o Monitor in-house closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras
o Perform dispatching duties for other locations in the event of a failure
o Assist in the training of dispatcher trainees
o Routinely test alarms, communication systems, and other devices
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond to emergency communications.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a 911 dispatcher or similar function in an emergency call center.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Be able to handle filing and other administrative duties.
- Knowledge of a 24-hour emergency communication center including familiarity with public safety functions and concerns and of the public safety communication’s environment, demands, requirements and related laws, regulations and systems.
- Computer Skills — Utilizes a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and related software with reasonable speed and accuracy.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.