This position is responsible for staffing armed security posts and providing security for the personnel, property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property.
- Be familiar with all state requirements and with the local jurisdictional criteria for Protective Security Officers.
- Not inclusive – Man post in accordance with government Post Orders.
- Perform vehicular searches to detect unauthorized material and prevent its access into the building.
- Serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions.
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post, which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site.
- Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies.
- Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats, and alarms, such as fire and intrusion, by following emergency response proceedings.
- Physically control violent or unruly crowds.
- Attempt to subdue person in case of life and death situation.
- Operating a motor vehicle if on applicable post.
- US Citizen with a valid social security card
- Must possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Possess at least one of the following experience/ education criteria:
- (1) minimum of three years armed guard experience within past five years,
- (2) Three years of military or National Guard
- (3) Successful completion of a state certified law enforcement education and training or police officer’s standard training course.
- Must meet all medical and physical standards as outlined in the contract
- Meet background screening and U.S. Government suitability requirements.
- Position may require the ability to acquire, and maintain, a security clearance.
- Successful completion of Protective Security Officer Training and certification.
- Pass and maintain medical, and physical fitness standards
- Duties require lifting more than 10 pounds, bending twisting, standing and some activities that involve standing for long periods of time. Requires conducting foot patrols and response to alarms in varied weather conditions. 90% of the work will require some sort of physical activity. Occasional travel is required and must be willing to work rotating shifts
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet