The Automotive Technician I performs preventative maintenance duties and assists with repairs to fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties such as changing oil, replacing filters, checking fluid levels, lubricating moving parts, checking tires, replacing burned out lights, checking and replacing belts/hoses
- Check and repairs brakes
- Rebuild small engines and repairs equipment
- Pick up parts from suppliers
- Perform minor welding repairs
- Wash vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of automotive repair and maintenance experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- May require possession of a Commercial Driver’s License (A, B or C with specific endorsements may be required)
- May require possession of one or more ASE Certifications
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
As required by the County Code Title 2 – Administration, Division 4 – Miscellaneous – Chapter 2.212 (COVID-19 Vaccinations of County Contractor Personnel) adopted by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, applicants will need to show proof of full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or that they are exempt from vaccine requirements based on sincerely held religious beliefs or a qualifying medical condition.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Pay Range: $18.50 – $21.00
Work is typically based in a busy service center/maintenance garage environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are in two shifts, Monday-Friday 6:00 am to 2:30 pm or Monday-Friday 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 75 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.