The Maritime Maintenance & Logistics Advisor (MMLA) will embed and support the Djiboutian (DJ) Navy’s efforts to build an indigenous training capability to support Boat Repairs of the Defender, Metal Shark and other U.S. supplied patrol craft. The MMLA will work with Naval Forces Africa and other relevant USG security assistance organizations to improve Djiboutian Navy MMLA capabilities. The MMLA will provide logistics assistance in creating a sustainable logistics capacity within the DJ Navy for equipment to include the Regional Maritime Awareness Capability (RMAC) system.
- Provide future U.S. military Mobile Training Teams the insight they need to make effective use of their engagements, support DJ Navy efforts to sustain any donated equipment, tailor a training framework to inculcate and close the gaps in critical areas
- Advise and assist with the creation of a maintenance and operations training qualification process to help the DJ Navy maintain a pipeline of certified maintainers and operators
- Order training aids and tools to assist the DJ Navy with making repairs on existing watercraft and recommend replacement of boat engines or other equipment
- Establish maintenance logs, preventative maintenance procedures, and assist in creating a framework for forecasting spare parts for the RMAC
- Assist in creating a sustainable logistics capacity, forecast and schedule required maintenance actions for maritime platforms, find suppliers and delivery mechanisms, create a framework to allow timely and efficient ordering for required spare parts, rework inboard to outboard engine boats, and establish a process to maintain accurate maintenance logs within the DJ Navy
- Other duties assigned
- Five (5) years of uniformed experience in surface maritime domain with the United States Navy, United States Coast Guard, or an equivalent military maritime domain
- Three (3) years of hands-on experience in operations and maintenance of Defender patrol boats or similar watercraft and other mono-hull watercraft
- Three (3) years of experience or a demonstrated proficiency in Maritime Supply and Logistics or other military logistical supply system(s)
- Three (3) years of experience or a demonstrated proficiency in Maritime Maintenance and/or Engineering
- One (1) year working in sub-Saharan Africa or a post-conflict country
- One (1) year of experience or a demonstrated proficiency in developing and delivering maintenance or logistics training modules to foreign militaries
- One (1) year of experience in advising foreign militaries and/or maritime organizations
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Work is typically based in OCONUS austere environment, work environment includes working outside in heat that can exceed 100 degrees during the summer.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes medical history, height, weight, blood pressure. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory.