The Pre-Deployment Training (PDT) Instructor provides instructional services to meet the Coast Guard’s unique needs in support of tactical operations training. The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives. Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
– (2) Years of tactical operations or tactical training experience in military, civilian police / swat or USCG training command (SMTC, MLEA, TACLET or equivalent)
– (2) Years of experience as firearms or law enforcement instructor/trainer for Coast Guard, DOD, or civilian police force
– Meet and maintain weapons certification requirements for the M4, M870, M2HB and current USCG PDW (personal defense weapon), and specified courses of fire.
– Meet and maintain Tactical Combat Casualty Control: All Combatants (TCCC-AC) qualification
– Complete assigned course Core Unique Instructor Training requirement (includes successfully explaining and delivering all assigned course lessons of instruction).
– Must successfully complete TRASYS Instructor PQS, and successfully pass periodic evaluations to meet TRACEN established currency requirements.
– Must meet Lautenberg Amendment criteria to carry firearms.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Classroom conditions will be comparable to a typical office setting with work hours of 0700-1900 based on the training schedule, with a typical 8-hour workday. Field/Range conditions requires wearing PPE, working outside in weather during all four seasons, with prolonged periods of standing and moving while delivering training.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes, medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, and meet required fitness standards throughout employment under the contract. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory and stand for period of up to 8 hours per day.