This position is responsible for the management of overall operational effectiveness of the dispatch center.
- The Protective Force (PF) is accepting applications for the position of Protective Force Shift Instructor / Administrative Supervisor.
- The PF Shift Instructor provides course instruction to PF uniformed officers and support personnel to ensure knowledge, skills, abilities, and the desired level of proficiency is achieved and maintained in accordance with federal regulations, DOE directives, and PF policies and procedures.
- The PF Shift Instructor must be willing to work a flexible schedule (to include nights and weekends) with varying hours at all DOE HQ facilities and approved training locations in order to meet the DOE HQ training mission and training requirements.
- The PF Shift Instructor will be expected to perform Supervisory functions to include but not limited to post audits and inspections, assist with day-to-day security operations, adhere to and enforce Protective Force Standards of performance and conduct as directed by Protective Force leadership. Applicant must be certified in Central Alarm Station (CAS) operations or meet requirements that reasonably assure the individual will be certified within 90 days of assuming the position.
- Applicant must possess a DOE (L or Q) security clearance or meet requirements that reasonably assure a (Q) security clearance can be obtained and maintained.
- Applicant must possess at least five years of demonstrated experience and knowledge of law enforcement or security methodologies.
- Applicant must possess a DOE Security Police Officer (SPO) certification or meet requirements that reasonably assure a DOE SPO certification will be received in a timely manner.
- Applicant must or should achieve a firearm qualification score of 270 or higher on their Basic Security Police Officer Training (BSPOT) firearm qualification (Recommended / Optional)
- Applicant must successfully complete the appropriate DOE certification courses for the instructor position (e.g., BIT = Basic Instructor Training and IFIC= Intermediate Force Instructor (Defensive Tactics) Certification)
- Applicants must successfully complete the American Red Cross First Aid/CPR & AED Instructor Certification Course
- It is recommended that the applicant have the ability to successfully complete the DOE Firearms Instructor Certification (FIC) Course
- It is recommended that the applicant have previous experience as an instructor to include teaching, testing and evaluating students on various Protective Force security systems, policies, and procedures.
- Applicants must have strong writing skills and be able to develop various documents using Microsoft Office tools and applications.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours some extended, or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach