Position: Project Support Specialist — Background Investigations
The Project Support Specialist plays a vital role on the team. They provide administrative support for all phases of our operation to ensure deliverables are completed efficiently and on time. Support Specialists need to be highly organized and take on tasks independently, as well as work with others to achieve success. They will also facilitate communication and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
This position is located within the Constellis Headquarters offices in Herndon, VA.
Perform administrative responsibilities to assist project management staff. Such duties may include but are not limited to the following.
- Data entry, typing, and manifest reconciliation.
- Case file creation, assembly, and maintenance.
- Manage standard operating procedures and monitor changes.
- Open mail, sort, file and/or distribute.
- Scan/upload documents to management system/network drives as needed.
- Order and dispense office supplies and setup maintenance for office equipment.
- Prepare manifests and finalize delivery to the customer.
- Troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Run daily operations reports as needed or required.
- Assist with credentialing investigators and process investigator candidates for use on the project.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Project Management team and all other process stakeholders to optimize maximum efficiency.
- Manage and maintain file room according to customer requirements as well as implement shredding/file destruction protocols.
- Oversee daily/weekly destruction/shredding of case materials in accordance with contract requirements
- Support a primarily remote staff of Investigators, Scopers, and Case Managers
- Manage expense reporting and invoices
- Must have a current favorably adjudicated SSBI or active Secret Level Security Clearance based on a full field investigation (Tier 3).
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- A current understanding of the background investigations process is favorable.
- Ability to learn quickly and work autonomously.
- Have problem solving skills
- Possess excellent professional interpersonal skills and a diplomatic presence in person, by phone, and in written correspondence.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Must be organized, reliable, dependable, and manage multiple concurrent tasks throughout the day.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, mainly MS Word, and the ability to learn to use new technology systems. Familiarity with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint not required, but a benefit.
- Knowledge of proper grammar and punctuation.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent