Security Police Officers protect the premises, facilities, property and personnel utilized by the Department of Energy in performing missions for the United States Government. Applicants with former military, civilian law enforcement or armed/unarmed security experience are encouraged to apply. Marksmanship experience is highly preferred as semi-annual firearms qualifications with a minimum standard score of 80% is required. Applicants must be U.S citizens and have a valid driver’s license. A rigorous background investigation including criminal history check, credit check, pre-employment drug screening, physical and psychological examinations will be conducted. Due to the armed nature of the position, personnel with arrests for domestic violence or who are the subject of a protective order will not be considered.
- Access control, foot patrols, vehicle patrols, medical emergency response
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Applicant must possess a high school diploma, or its state recognized equivalent.
- Experience: None (must successfully pass DOE BSPOT course).
- Clearance: At a minimum, the individual must possess a DOE (L) security clearance or must meet the eligibility requirements that will reasonably ensure a DOE (L) clearance is obtained.
- Training: Applicant must meet and maintain DOE Security Police Officer I standards as defined by 10 CFR 1046 and DOE Orders and Directives.
- Applicant must be capable of communicating effectively both in oral and written form.
- Applicant must have demonstrated the ability to write reports and observations clearly and concisely.
- Prior armed security, law enforcement, and military experience preferred.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based inside a busy government facility with some outside work on the facility grounds. Work hours are 12-hour shifts, days or nights, to include weekends and holidays.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires extended standing, walking, sitting, squatting, and bending throughout the workday. Required to perform physical training twice per week.