In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
The Guard II generally provides armed security services to protect, control access and administer other associated security services to assigned areas, functions, and facilities.
General Description of Duties:
The Guard II enforces regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security, exercises judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies, determining whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keep situation under control or surveillance, or to report incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling. As assigned, ensure the safety and security of individuals who are placed in custodial detention. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting controlled areas. The Guard II is required to demonstrate proficiency with firearms and other special weapons, and to meet rigorous physical fitness standards.
- US citizen and resided in the U.S. for the last five years
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a H.S. Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Must have intermediate written English skills, including ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms.
- Must be able to pass all training and obtain all required certifications.
- All prospective new hire must be able to pass a pre-employment physical to proceed through the hiring process.
- Must be able to routinely pass rigorous fitness for duty standards at regular intervals and upon demand.
- Where required must be able to pass a background investigation to include criminal, credit and driving record checks. Screened pre-employment including psychological testing, honesty and integrity validation, employment verification, criminal records checks, credit checks, driver’s license check, pre-employment and random drug screening
- Must be able to pass US Government background investigation for required security clearance if necessary.
- Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968, Suitability applies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requires excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills for interacting with the customer and the general public and perform multiple tasks in tandem. Requires the ability to work effectively without constant supervision.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Escort of detainees in custody while present at medical treatment facilities, courtrooms, detention facilities, and any other guard services
- Serves detainees prepared meals as required or directed
- Conduct searches of holding cells and/or detainees as required or directed
- providing security/escort at local medical facilities, for the duration of the detainee’s hospital care, restricting unauthorized public access to detainees.
- Provides security as directed by TOMs to various locations throughout the facility
- Performs searches of vehicles and persons as directed by the contract or contracting officer’s representatives.
- Enforce regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security, exercise judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies.
- Maintain the security of all areas by taking actions as required.
- Take charge of your post by securing and protecting personnel and property for which you are responsible until properly relieved.
- Comply with orders and instructions given. These responsibilities continue until relieved by proper authority.
- Report all violations of orders you must enforce.
- Give the alarm in case of disorder or emergency.
- Report unusual events that threaten security or endangers life or property.
- Take reasonable counteraction to save life and property or lessen danger. At the same time, you must maintain the security of your post and remain alert during the emergency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.