POSITION: Background Investigator
Conduct federal background investigations and prepare reports of investigations in compliance with Federal Investigative Standards, all laws, and other required federal agency regulations. Work cases throughout the geographic area of responsibility and travel to various places of employment, residence and education institutions.
- Candidate must be local to King of Prussia, PA
- U.S. Citizenship;
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 1 year within the last five (5) years of investigations experience at the federal, state, or local level of government;
- Must have some mix of NBIB/DCSA/FIS Experience;
- Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, and satisfactory driving record;
- Willing to travel on temporary duty assignments as needed (by car or plane);
- Successfully pass background checks and all required training;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, or schedule form;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence;
- Ability to work in a MS Window based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and E-mail;
- Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance based on an SSBI and able to obtain the required security clearance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-person, one-on-one subject interviews to obtain factual information about the individual’s background and character, in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Obtain factual information from a variety of personal and record sources to produce a report of investigation that contains all pertinent facts of an individual’s background and character in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Travel throughout the geographic area of responsibility to conduct investigations at various places of employment, residence, and education institutions as cases are assigned.
- Must be willing to travel in and around assigned location within 30-50 miles (or more) as needed
- Engage in dialogue on a regular basis with managers and representatives at contractor facilities, various U. S. Government organizations, and law enforcement agencies to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Adapt to changing situations and environments as they occur and be able to interact with people from all walks of life and socioeconomic levels.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills and exhibit professional demeanor in all situations.
- Work load based on availability of cases in geographic area.
- Some voluntary, temporary duty assignments in other areas of the country (typically 2-4 weeks at a time) are possible.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Experience and Education:
- Office of Personnel Management investigator training.
- Prior background investigations experience supporting government contracts.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Current Top Secret clearance
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in the investigator’s home office as well as in the investigator’s personal vehicle traveling to various field locations to conduct interviews. Coverage area varies and could include some extended drives. Work hours vary depending on availability of leads and do not always fall within normal business hours, to include potential weekend hours or third-shift appointments.
Requires intermittent standing, writing/typing, walking, sitting, and driving throughout the workday, and may include for multiple hours.