The Handler is responsible with conducting searches to identify explosive threats. The Handler is required to complete a 4–8 weeks minimum team training course and certification prior to mobilization to the assigned location.
- Participate in required training to search venues and identify explosive threats
- Perform Handler duties while commanding a trained explosive working dog
- Handler will be responsible for maintaining training records
- Handler will be responsible for care and maintenance of assigned canine
- The assigned canine must be permitted to live inside the employee’s residence. The employee’s residence must be adequate, indoor, and climate-controlled for the canine. The canine living area at the employee’s residence is subject to reoccurring inspections.
- Must maintain all job-related certifications and required security clearances
- Must be willing to operate company vehicle (during on-site training)
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- One to two years of documented experience handling an explosive detection dog in an operational environment
- Must have adequate transportation to transport assigned Canine and Crate (inside the vehicle) to/from assigned work location; transportation must have operational climate control
- Must be able to pass the applicable Contract Testing and Certifications for the program within four to six weeks of employment; candidate must maintain the certification requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record for the last three years
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work conditions can vary from a busy training environment to field work, both subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Work hours will be dictated by the customers agreed upon schedule. Nights, weekends, and holiday hours will be required, and the work schedule will vary. Travel may also be required.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 90 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending, and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.