WOMENS DEFENSE HANDGUN TRAINING
Duration: 2 Days
This course is for the woman who is unfamiliar with firearms procedures, or needs to develop safe firearm-handling and a solid foundation of shooting skills. Each student will learn the basic fundamentals of shooting and how they apply to accuracy. Participants will learn how to identify types of malfunctions and the logical steps to efficiently correct them. The student will be shown and then practice the movement for drawing the firearm from the holster to presentation, including from concealment. This small class has a maximum student-to-instructor ratio of 6:1, making it easier for women to discuss concerns about various topics such as hand strength, style of handgun, safe carry and storage of a pistol.
Students will learn safe firearm-handling and basic shooting skills.
- Firearms and range safety
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Mindset/condition of readiness
- Fundamentals of shooting a pistol
- Gear and firearm selection
- Draw/concealed draw
- Manipulations Malfunctions
- Current, valid carry permit with drivers license –or-
- Current law enforcement ID –or-
- Completion of a Background Check with drivers license https://www.sentrylink.com/
- 800 rounds. 9mm (9×9) is the minimum service caliber for this course.
- Minimum three high-capacity (15+ round) magazines or six low-capacity (7-8 round) magazines
- Magazine holders
- Clear wraparound ballistic eye protection
- Ear protection
- Baseball-style hat
- Rain gear
- Firearm cleaning kit
- Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions
- Cover shirt or other garment for concealed draw
- A water bottle or other hydration system
- No cross-draw or appendix-carry holsters
Method of instruction
This class is taught with 40 percent classroom instruction and 60 percent practical application on the range.