WOMEN ONLY-HOME DEFENSE TRAINING
Duration: 2 Days
This course will inform the concerned citizen on methods of protecting the home front. Students will receive classroom instruction and will engage in shoot/no-shoot, force-on-force realistic scenarios based on actual events that have occurred, and where their decision-making process will be explored and tested. This is not a basic firearms course, but rather provides training for the time when use of a firearm becomes the only option.
The course is designed to make students more aware of personal security whether at home or away, and increase awareness of considerations in protecting self and family members.
- Use of force
- Security of firearms at home and away
- Away-from-home considerations
- Gear and firearms
- Mindset and indications of mental state
- Basic room-clearing techniques for the homeowner
- Force-on-force scenarios
- Ballistic protection at home and away
- Dealing with the police
- Current, valid carry permit with drivers license –or-
- Current law enforcement ID –or-
- Completion of a Background Check with drivers license https://www.sentrylink.com/
- Ear protection
- Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions
- Rain gear
- A water bottle or other hydration system
- Cover garment for concealed draw is highly recommended
Method of instruction
This course is taught using 25 percent classroom lecture and 75 percent practical instruction.
Basic pistol marksmanship/familiarization course. This is not a marksmanship course. Handling skills are required prior to attending class.