The Utility Worker’s prime responsibility is to wash and detail vehicles, but also includes moving vehicles, transport vehicles, helping mechanics when necessary as well as trash duty and shop detail.
- Wash Vehicles
- Clean Shop
- Help Mechanics when necessary
- Trash Detail
- Move Vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Valid Drivers License
- One year of practical experience in a mechanics line of work, preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environments
- Must pass a safety training course
- Must be able to pass Background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screening
Work is typically based in a busy service center/maintenance garage environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 75 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.