Rate of Pay: $28.78/hr plus additional $4.41/hr in Health and Welfare
o Monitor FPS and radio traffic while coordinating the appropriate responses to emergency and non-emergency situations performing duties such as:
- Communicating audio messages via radio and telephone
- Coordinating law enforcement and public safety personnel activities
- Transferring public safety information
- Answering questions and updating client records
o Think and act quickly, calmly, and accurately in emergency situations and under stressful circumstances.
o Log all calls in database including required details of each call
o Keep additional detailed logs to maintain accurate records of alarm use, ensure officer safety, and allow for precise and efficient communications among coworkers
o Operate multi-channel radio and telephone dispatch equipment
o Access Federal, State, and local databases and maintain compliance regulations and procedures
o Assist with quality review of events created by fellow dispatchers
o Monitor alarms received and keep records based on unique accounts
o Proficiently perform administrative tasks on desktop computer and notify management of any technological issues
o Monitor in-house closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras
o Perform dispatching duties for other locations in the event of a failure
o Assist in the training of dispatcher trainees
o Routinely test alarms, communication systems, and other devices
- US Citizenship Required
- Candidates will be required to undergo a background check
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond to emergency communications.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a 911 dispatcher or similar function in an emergency call center.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Be able to handle filing and other administrative duties.
- Knowledge of a 24-hour emergency communication center including familiarity with public safety functions and concerns and of the public safety communication’s environment, demands, requirements and related laws, regulations and systems.
- Computer Skills — Utilizes a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and related software with reasonable speed and accuracy.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet