Monitor Force Protection Services and contract guard radio traffic, receive emergency and non-emergency phone calls, and monitor security alarm systems in Federal Buildings for all US states and territories. Coordinate the appropriate response, to include sending and receiving audible and distinguishing voice communications via radio and telephone systems.
- Monitor Force Protection Services and radio traffic while coordinating the appropriate responses to emergency and non-emergency situations performing duties such as:
- Communicating audio messages via radio and telephone
- Coordinating law enforcement and public safety personnel activities
- Transferring public safety information
- Answering questions and updating client records
- Think and act quickly, calmly, and accurately in emergency situations and under stressful circumstances.
- Log all calls in database including required details of each call
- Keep additional detailed logs to maintain accurate records of alarm use, ensure officer safety, and allow for precise and efficient communications among coworkers
- Operate multi-channel radio and telephone dispatch equipment
- Access Federal, State, and local databases and maintain compliance regulations and procedures
- Assist with quality review of events created by fellow dispatchers
- Monitor alarms received and keep records based on unique accounts
- Proficiently perform administrative tasks on desktop computer and notify management of any technological issues
- Monitor in-house closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras
- Perform dispatching duties for other locations in the event of a failure
- Assist in the training of dispatcher trainees
- Routinely test alarms, communication systems, and other devices
- US Citizenship Required
- Candidates will need to undergo a background check
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation required
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond to emergency communications.
- Excellent communication and phone skills.
- Ability to handle filing and other administrative duties.
- Existing dispatch or use of a multi-system phone system is preferred, but on-the-job training is provided to obtain knowledge of how a 24-hour emergency communication center, gain familiarity with public safety functions and concerns, and of the public safety communications environment, demands, requirements and related laws, to include regulations and systems.
- Computer Skills — Efficient knowledge/use of MS Office on a Windows OS, and ability to type approximately 30 WPM without error.
- Successful completion of Criticall testing is required prior to hire (provided by company)
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Business work hours are 24/7. Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions.
- Local travel, weekends, holidays, or participation in shift work may be requested.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves extended periods of sitting while engaged with a computer terminal or phone.
- Must have close visual and audio acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work; or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract.