The Training Technical Writer will develop written documents and briefing materials, support working groups, studies, and review curriculum development documents. The Training Technical Writer will use document templates and style guides, MS Office, Adobe Suite InDesign, to develop drafted written documents for briefing materials, studies, analysis, document reviews, course curriculum and final training aids.
- Draft technical documents.
- Conduct document reviews.
- Develop document templates and style guides.
- Participate in working groups, studies, analysis, and curriculum development.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in English, Instructional Systems, Instructional Systems Technology, Instructional and Performance Technology, and Education or be a certified Master Training Specialist.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years technical writing experience. Including drafting written documents and briefing materials, studies, and analysis documentation, conducting document review
- The government desires but does not require the Technical Writer to have experience performing technical writing experience in US Coast Guard, the Department of Defense, or the Department of Homeland Security.
- Must be proficient in using the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Adobe Suite software (e.g., InDesign).
- Prior experience with all or most of the following is desired:
– Proficiency in developing written documents and briefing materials expected
– Experience supporting working groups, studies and analysis, document reviews as it pertains to curriculum development, and coordinates meetings as directed
– Experience in the creation of document templates and style guides.
– Experience with user guides for software applications, security plans, test plans, etc.
– Experience in following style guides and Data Item Descriptions
– Experience in recognizing grammatical and formatting errors in client document deliverables
– Experience in working with developers and engineers in the support of technical documentation
– Understanding of Data Communications Technology
– Understanding of Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- May require SECRET clearance (per task order).
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Classroom conditions will be comparable to a typical office setting with work hours of 0700-1900 based on the training schedule, with a typical 8-hour workday. Field/Range conditions requires wearing PPE, working outside in weather during all four seasons, with prolonged periods of standing and moving while delivering training.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes, medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, and meet required fitness standards throughout employment under the contract. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory and stand for period of up to 8 hours per day.